Informational Webinar on ELSI PARs – 12/11/23 at Noon
NHGRI along with 14 other NIH Institutes and Centers and OBSSR recently published the renewed NOFOs for Ethical, Legal and Social Implications (ELSI) Research (see the table below).
NHGRI staff will host a public webinar aimed at potential applicants on Monday, December 11, 2023 at 12:00 PM Eastern to provide an overview of the NOFOs. Program staff will address new application requirements, differences between the NOFOs, and spend 30-40 minutes answering attendees’ questions. You are invited to register here to attend.
Highlights of the NOFOs are below:
- The PARs all have three receipts dates per year, for 3 years.
- New applications are due in February, June and October
- Each PAR has specific due dates.
- They invite applications on a wide range of topics
- The R01 PAR-23-293: ELSI Research Grant (R01), provides funding for up to five years.
- The R21 PAR-23-294, the ELSI Exploratory/ Developmental Research (R21), provides a total of up to $275,000 in direct costs over two to three years.
- The R03, good for conceptual or analytical studies, or secondary data analyses PAR-23-295, the ELSI Small Research Grant (R03), provides up to $50,000 in direct costs a year for two years.
|Fogarty International Center||Y||Y|
|National Cancer Institute||Y||Y||Y|
|National Eye Institute||Y||Y|
|National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease||Y||Y||Y|
|National Institute of Child Health and Human Development||Y||Y||Y|
|National Institute on Drug Abuse||Y||Y||Y|
|National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders||Y||Y||Y|
|National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research||Y||Y|
|National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences||Y||Y||Y|
|National Institute of Mental Health||Y||Y||Y|
|National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities||Y|
|National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke||Y||Y|
|Office of Behavioral and Social Sciences Research||Y||Y||Y|
|Office of Data Science Strategy||Y|
|Office of Research on Women’s Health||Y||Y||Y|