Notice to active NHGRI research grant awardees
Notice to Encourage Eligible NHGRI Awardees to Apply for PA-18-906 “Research Supplements to Promote Diversity in Health-Related Research”
- PIs of active NHGRI research grants can apply; identify eligible individuals, including those from underrepresented groups, for support and mentorship under the auspices of this supplement opportunity.
- Supplement can support individuals from the undergraduate to the faculty level.
- Activities proposed in the supplement application must fall within the scope and advance the objectives of the parent grant, and also support the research training and professional development of the supplement candidate.
- Applicants are encouraged to provide detailed information and a timeline describing the candidate’s expected progression to the next stage in their research career.
- PIs must reference this Notice (NOT-19-010) in the cover letter and application.
- PIs can request travel funds for the diversity supplement awardees to attend the Annual NHGRI Training meeting.
- Supplements should be requested at least 90 days prior to anticipated need and no later than May 15.
- Contacts: Heather Colley (genomic medicine), Tina Gatlin (genome science), and Joy Boyer (ELSI)